September 12, 2022
Google Has Released The September 2022 Broad Core Update
Google officially began rolling out another core update today, dubbed the September 2022 Core Update.
What’s Different About The September 2022 Broad Core Update?
This is the second core update of 2022 following the May 2022 Core Update, immediately following the release of Google’s Helpful Content Update that was released August 25, 2022. This update could take 2 weeks to complete.
What is Google’s Advice for Those Negatively Impacted by the September 2022 Core Update
Google’s Advice for those negatively impacted by the September 2022 core update is the same as previous core updates. More specifically, Google recommends that businesses consider the following questions about their content.
- Is your business providing original information, research, reporting, or analysis?
- Does your business’s content provide a substantial, complete, or comprehensive description of the topic?
- Does the content feature insightful analysis or interesting information beyond the obvious?
- If your content draws from other sources, does it avoid simply copying or rewriting information, aka does it provide additional value and originality?
- Do your headlines and/or page titles offer descriptive, helpful summaries of your content?
- Do the headlines and/or page titles avoid being exaggerated or shocking?
- Are your pages the kind you’d want to bookmark or recommend to a friend?
- Would you expect to see your content referenced by an encyclopedia, magazine, or book?
- Google has also mentioned in the past that you can see a little bit of recovery in between core updates, but you will probably see a much larger change after the next core update.
Further questions related to the expertise and presentation of your content can be found here.
Affected by the September 2022 Broad Core Update?
Should you find yourself affected by the September 2022 Core Update or have additional questions or concerns, we’d love to help.
As a Google Premier Partner, VELOX Media is always on the front lines of every Google update. Contact our digital marketing experts to learn how we can help guide and optimize your SEO strategies following any major changes to Google’s core ranking algorithm.