May 25, 2022
Google Rolls out The May 2022 Google Core Update
Google has officially begun rolling out its first core update of 2022, dubbed the May 2022 core update. With the rollout expected to take 1-2 weeks to fully complete, SEO professionals are understandably curious to see what impact this particular update might have compared to previous releases.
Stay tuned to this blog post over the next 2-4 weeks, as we’ll provide data updates on what this core update might mean for your website and online business.
What is a Core update?
Core updates are changes Google makes to improve search and keep up with the ever changing nature of the web. These updates don’t focus on any particular industry, but they can produce some noticeable changes to how websites perform.
Advice for Those Negatively Impacted by the May 2022 Core Update
- If you are negatively impacted by this core update, Google recommends to evaluate your content based on the following questions:
- Are you providing original information, reporting, research, or analysis?
- Does the content provide a substantial, complete, or comprehensive description of the topic?
- Does the content feature insightful analysis or interesting information beyond the obvious?
- If the content draws from other sources, does it avoid simply copying or rewriting that information, providing additional value and originality instead?
- Does the headline and/or page title offer a descriptive, helpful summary of the content?
- Does the headline and/or page title avoid being exaggerating or shocking?
- Is this the kind of page you’d want to bookmark or recommend to a friend?
- Would you expect to see this content referenced by a magazine, encyclopedia, or book?
- Google has also mentioned in the past that you can see a little bit of recovery in between core updates, but you will probably see a much larger change after the next core update.